Mission & Values
Hauʻoli Mau Loa Foundation is a private grantmaking foundation established by an individual who, in her words, “found great happiness in the islands of Hawaiʻi” and sought “to return the generosity of the islands.” As such, the Foundation is grounded in Hawaiʻi’s cultures and values.
In partnership with others, we seek to expand for those less fortunate, especially children, opportunities to find hope for their future, and we seek to enhance stewardship, preservation and protection of the environment.
We want to:
- Create collaborative relationships
- Treat everyone with respect and appreciation
- Be inspired by and inspire others
- Have impact by being efficient, setting priorities and focusing on what is important
- Be resourceful, flexible and innovative
- Be joyful in our work